Applying for employee benefits can be confusing and overwhelming, with so many dead-ends. Anyone who has been hurt on the job and tried to navigate the Workers’ Compensation system will tell you it’s just like a sprawling corn maze. They encounter confusing rules, overwhelming paperwork, and so many dead-ends.
That said, enlisting the help of a dedicated personal injury attorney is essential. With the help of Colorado Springs Workers’ Compensation Lawyer, Machelle Gielarowski, you could obtain the payments you deserve after a job-related injury.
Understanding the Workers’ Compensation Process
Workers’ Compensation law is a system of rules designed to pay the expenses of employees who are harmed while performing job-related duties. If you’re hurt on the job, you may be able to recover lost wages, medical expenses, and compensation for permanent impairment.
There are many rules of procedure related to Workers’ Compensation insurance – intricate bureaucratic rules and timelines you simply cannot know if you don’t work in this industry. As an example, some forms must be submitted within 30 days, whereas other deadlines are a mere 15 days or 20 days. If you miss a deadline, you could lose the right to proceed, and the fight is over. Given the complex process, you cannot risk missing a deadline!
Moreover, you can get bullied out of pursuing your claim and getting the medical treatment you need. Often, insurance companies will initially deny a claim, right off the bat. This means you are denied the prescription, physical therapy, or medical treatment you need to address your injury. And that’s not right! We fight to get you the medical treatment you need, even if that means multiple surgeries.
Further complicating the situation, some Workers’ Compensation insurance companies are located out of state and are not as familiar with Colorado’s rules of procedure! Since we’re backed by decades of experience, we know Colorado’s rules inside and out. Despite the immense complexities, we have a track record of successfully navigating the Workers’ Compensation system on our clients’ behalf.
Providing Evidence of a Workplace Injury in Colorado Springs
When you call us, we’ll ask a wide variety of questions. This helps us understand your situation and clarify next steps to move forward. We may ask you:
- What can you tell us about your job-related injury? Exactly what happened? How did you get hurt?
- Do you have physical restrictions? Have you been able to return to work?
- What is the current status of your claim? Was it denied?
- Are you seeking Workers’ Compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, and/or permanent physical impairment?
- Did your employer give you a list of authorized medical providers?
- If you’re not happy with the medical provider you have seen, is there an option to change medical providers?
- Are you receiving the medical treatment you’re entitled to?
- Are you being reimbursed for all out-of-pocket expenses that you’re entitled to, including prescriptions, mileage reimbursements, and transportation costs?
- Was your personal health insurance accidentally billed and now you’re getting billed for deductibles and copays? Do you feel like the whole incident is a tangled mess?
Skilled attorney Machelle Gielarowski can review the facts of a workplace incident and fight to get victims the benefits they need to heal from their injuries.
Get Help from a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Colorado Springs
Focusing on your physical recovery is essential after a work-related accident. Let a Colorado Springs workers’ compensation lawyer like Machelle Gielarowski help you through this difficult time and complex legal process.